America’s Top Charity Influencer
While many Americans would donate to a charity endorsed by Michelle Obama, you don’t have to wait for her to get around to one you care about. Fundraising can be fun—and easy.
(NAPSI)—It may come as a surprise to some, but the famous face that can encourage people to donate to charity more than any other is that of the First Lady.
According to a survey conducted by Harris Interactive, Americans are 12 times more likely to donate to a charity endorsed by Michelle Obama than by a famous actor or singer. Respondents were more likely to give to her charities than causes endorsed by the following:
• Three times more likely than Oprah Winfrey.
• Four times more likely than Taylor Swift.
• Six times more likely than Angelina Jolie or Alicia Keys.
• Twelve times more likely than Justin Bieber.
Meanwhile, 65 percent said they wouldn’t donate to any celebrity’s cause.
What You Can Do
Wherever you stand on the subject of the survey, you may care to consider the charities the celebrities endorsed:
• Alicia Keys—Keep a Child Alive provides lifesaving services for children and families affected by HIV/AIDS in Africa and India.
• Taylor Swift—DoSomething.org provides resources to teens to make a difference in their communities through social change.
• Justin Bieber—It Gets Better Project shows teenagers in the LBGT community that they are not alone—and it will get better.
“We applaud everyone, whether you’re famous or not, who stands up for the causes that he or she cares about,” said Lesley Mansford, CEO of Razoo, a crowd funding platform for causes, which commissioned the survey. “One certainly doesn’t have to be a celebrity to make a difference. Anyone can make a difference by giving either his or her money, time or influence.”
Her organization has empowered individuals, nonprofits and communities across the country to raise over $149 million online—one small donation at a time. With access to over a million nonprofits, Razoo makes it easy to donate to charity. At the site, you can also set up your own fundraiser for your favorite cause.
You can fundraise, donate or get further facts at www.razoo.com, on Twitter at @Razoo or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/razoogiving.